ad

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Delkim Smart Clips Review







After using my Delkim Smart Clips for many months I think a little review is in order for them. I know I posted before on facebook about them but after trying different scenarios with them and seeing what they are capable of I just had to.


I guess the first thing we think about as anglers for any purchase is the price and is it worth the price we are paying. The smart clips are around $30 for 3 which is enough for an entire setup for each rod so I thought that was very reasonable considering how expensive many products are in the carp market.

The clips go on very easily with a rubber washer that holds tension very well without damaging the rods finish and can be easily adjusted to move closer or farther away from the alarms depending on how heavy you want to make your bobbin's weight. To lessen the weight of the bobbin you move the clip closer to the alarm and this is used with slack line fishing. To increase the weight of the bobbin you move the clip around a foot from the alarm and this will create more weight and this is used for distance fishing.





At first with any new product you have to be skeptical in this day and age as everyone wants to sell you this and hat. Straight away I was surprised how by adding the smart clip it was making my alarms register even more hits. Even though they were very subtle it is still great to know so you can adjust rigs and lead weights to trigger the strike you are after. Even in the wind the clips seemed to stabilize the entire setup a little bit more than before.

After I posted a quick review on facebook I did have a few people ask me about casting and if I had any interference with the clips. The answer is no. The line doesn't come close enough to hit off of these on the cast so you won't sacrifice any distance by installing these on your rods.


The other thing worth mentioning is the fact lets say you get a few small pulls of say 1 inch vertical raise. After a few minutes the bobbin usually settles down even lower than original once the slack is gone. With the smart clip if a fish pulls 1 inch it helps keep the bobbin in place and does not slack down over time so you can tell for sure how much of a small pull it is each time.





I figured I would throw in a night shot and a nice release shot also at the end of this small review also. In closing I will say I was very surprised and impressed with the Delkim Line Clips as they did exactly what they claimed to do. The price is right and these can be used on any rods and any bobbin will work with them.





No comments:

Post a Comment