ad

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Spring Anticipation



Well it is February 14th, It is valentines day and I figured I would add a small blog. Every year I find myself taking a drive out to a local lake in anticipation of spring and all the fun I will be having while carp fishing. As you can see in the photo above the lake is frozen solid with no signs of thawing for a month or so.

Every year is different on what areas thaw first and I could never figure out why that is. The first thawed sections will always hold the fish first as it is the first area to receive food from the streams coming into the lake.

I often start going through my tackle as well this time of year because I know spring is right around the corner and it is always better to be prepared ahead of time than to do everything at the last possible minute.

I have been working on different video projects throughout the winter and I am hoping those will be of help to new anglers or even seasoned anglers with tips and tricks from rigs, baits and upcoming sessions I have planned out. So as the snow melts the excitement builds as I know it won't be long until I am back out on the bank again..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment