ad

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rod protection articles and reviews.

A while back I did an article for the TOKS Newsletter about Thinking Anglers Rod Lead Straps. The article can be found here on packe 24-26. Rod Lead Straps Article I have been using these since may of 2012 and no issues at all with them. For the amount we spend on our rods this item protects your rods from the rig such as the leads banging against the rod in transit and also these are perfect for the inline lead users such as myself so you don't have to take the rig off.

The other item that just came out from Trakker that is very useful is the Trakker Hooks-Ups. When you break down your rods instead of hooking the ring with your hook to hold it in place you use the Hook Up. The hook goes up a groove and is held in place and there is a piece of soft foam inside so your hook doesn't get knicked and dulled. Now the photo shows the end plastic hook going around the ring but I myself hook the plastic around the arms of the eye to avoid any tension on the rings and this has been working out well for me.

I just wanted to post up two ideas that are relatively cheap to but that will ensure your rods don't get marked up or damaged from your rigs or leads in transit,

No comments:

Post a Comment