ad

Thursday, May 2, 2013

2013 Quick Session video up now 31lber first fish of the year.

 
Well 2013 has been off to a slow start with the water temperatures in the lower 40's and the fish activity at an all time low for me.  I finally struck gold the other night with my first fish of the year and it was a big one for sure. Thirty one pounds 6 ounces the Reuben Heaton scale finally came to as the fish settled. I was definitely pumped up after blanking for a good week and a half. It can get frustrating at times when you don't have fish in front of you and then out of nowhere you get a big one unexpectedly. Hopefully more will soon follow and after this one I then landed a 25lber.
 
 
What was funny is this all happened when the weatherman said it was a ZERO percent chance of rain and it dumped on me to say the least. During the heaviest of the storm is when I had a screamer and it was the thirty one pound fish. It finally stopped raining when I landed the fish so I could film and takes some photos. Soon after it started to rain again and then another nice fish went ripping out with my bait. I have been using CC Moore Belachan stick mix with shellfish concentrate and placing it into a pva bag and sliding it on my hook length. A Gaz Fareham Northern Special pop up in yellow had the fish addicted. Also the HNV Betaine hook baits did the trick as well for the 25lber. Hopefully More fish will be coming soon but this was one heck of a way to start off the season!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment